Please find here details on courses offered to Exchange students and information on rules and procedures to follow when applying to our School.
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION
STEP 1: Student’s Home Institution should send the official list of selected students (nomination) to the Host Institution (International Relations Office of the School of Human Health Sciences: relintsc-saluteumana.unifi.it). The Nomination should detail student’s full name, degree course and contact e-mail.
STEP 2: The International Relations Office in Firenze will then send to the student the Welcome package by e-mail with all instructions on how to apply to our School.
- 2 passport photographs
- 1 copy of passport or the national identity card
- an updated transcript of records
- certificate of Italian language knowledge (level B1 for students attending courses, level B2 for students performing practical training, for Language requirements see below)
Once filling in your Learning Agreement please remember to include only activities listed in our study plan for your degree course and to specify their codes. Our didactic offer is available in the section useful links.
Please take care of filling in the forms correctly, application forms where stamp and signature of the home institution are missing can’t be accepted!
All documentation must be sent to the International Relations Office by e-mail first and by snail mail, too (our contact details).
The documentation is expected to arrive by May 31. The International Relations Office will check that it falls within the framework of the appropriate academic field according to the bilateral agreement in force between the Home University and the University of Florence.
Please consider that if the hardcopy is not sent the student’s application cannot be taken into account.
Please note that in Florence all didactic activities take place in Italian, therefore a good knowledge of the language is requested (level B1/B2) to get admitted as Erasmus Exchange students.
If you don't provide your Italian language certificate when applying, you are accepted only on condition of showing it upon your arrival. Otherwise you will be asked to attend a language course in Firenze first of all, and only after that it you will be allowed to start with your program.
Between July and August the selected student will receive by e-mail the Letter of Admission and further important information on enrolment, proposed schedule, orientation days, etc...
BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY, DON’T FORGET TO OBTAIN:
- Identification document valid for foreign travel
- VISA (only non-EU students): please feel free to ask to the International Relations Office of the University of Florence for an official acceptance letter if needed
- European Health Insurance Card (T.E.A.M, card) issued by your National Health Authorities (for EU students) or other health insurance (for non-EU students)
If you need a visa to enter Italy, take the necessary steps with the Italian Embassy in your home country
The International Relations Office is not responsible if the necessary steps are not taken.