By May 31 Incoming students should send us their application form + learning agreement duly signed and stamped by the Erasmus coordinator of the Home Institution (see application procedure).
Upon arrival in Florence, Incoming students should go first to the International Relations Office of the School of Human Health Sciences to finalize their registration at the University of Florence.
Italian language courses
The Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (CLA) organizes Italian language courses throughout the academic year. Students with international study grants (Erasmus and similar) during their mobility can register to one Italian Language course free of charge, starting from A2 level. To attend this course students should fill in an online application available at: www.cla.unifi.it/cmpro-v-p-38.html and follow the relevant instructions. Futher instruction will be sent by e-mail from CLA.
Please note that you can’t get credits for classes at Centro Linguistico di Ateneo.
Segreteria dei Corsi e Mediateca:
Main Office: Via degli Alfani, 58 - Firenze CLA
Facilities at Schools: Centro Didattico Morgagni - Viale Morgagni, 40 - Firenze
All Erasmus students can enjoy the canteen facilities provided by DSU Toscana (the regional authority for university services). Canteens are located in several University premises, actually offering varied and balanced meals at various prices (for further information www.dsu.toscana.it).
Menus are varied and balanced, celiac students can ask for gluten-free meals. In order to have access to these facilities, students must apply to DSU Toscana for a specific canteen card which can be obtained showing their identity card and a document proving their enrolment to the University of Florence (the Libretto).
Residenza Calamandrei - Viale Morgagni, 51
From Monday to Friday 10.00 am - 1.00 pm, Tuesday, Thursday 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Residenza Caponnetto - Via Miele, 3
Tuesday, Thursday 10:00 am - 1:00pm e 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Main Canteens in Firenze and in the outskirts:
Unfortunately, the University of Florence cannot provide accommodation for Incoming students but offers a help service:Servizio Informazione, Orientamento, Cultura | Viale Gramsci, 36 | 50132 Firenze | +39 055 2261314
University's Guest House
At some university residences, you can use a paid guesthouse service with special rooms or unassigned or temporarily free accommodation for absentee.
- Visit the Italian web page
You may also find a room to rent on your own.
Here some information to help you:
- you can look at firenze.bakeca.it or subito.it
- you can find lots of rent advertisement directly on the bulletin board at the entrance of Faculties and Libraries
- you can search Google for: 'stanza Erasmus Firenze' or "cerco stanza a Firenze"
- Facebook group
- Housing Anywhere is a housing platform where students that go abroad for an exchange semester or internship can sublet their rooms. Incoming exchange students can rent those rooms.
DURING YOUR STAY
Changes to the learning agreement:
Erasmus students are allowed to change their learning agreement only once per semester. The following deadlines for must be observed:
- 15th November for changes of the first semester or whole year subjects or clinical rotations.
- 15th March for changes of the second semester subjects or clinical rotations.
Extending the period of stay:
If you wish to ask for an extension of your study period you should submit to the Coordinator of your Home Institution the extension of stay form available in the section “FORMS”.
CONCLUDING YOUR ERASMUS MOBILITY PERIOD
In order to officially end your Erasmus stay in Florence you have to arrange a meeting with the International Relations Office at least 7 days before your departure.
Once you have given back your students card (libretto), you will receive a certificate of attendance. The final certification with all successfully passed exams will be sent directly to your University.
- Erasmus Student mobility proposal form (rtf)
- Learning Agreement (pdf - doc)
- Changes to the learning agreement (doc)
- Extension of stay (pdf)
- School of Human Health Sciences
- Tiimetable - Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Timetable - Degree in Pharmacy
- Courses - Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Coourses - Degree in Pharmacy